To join a brand-new Windows 10 device
If your device is brand-new and hasn’t been set up yet, you can go through the Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE) process to join your device to the network.
- Start up your new device and begin the OOBE process.
- On the Sign in with Microsoft screen, type your work or school email address.
- On the Enter your password screen, type your password.
- On your mobile device, approve your device so it can access your account.
- Complete the OOBE process, including setting your privacy settings and setting up Windows Hello (if necessary).
Your device is now joined to your organization’s network.
To make sure you’re joined
You can make sure that you’re joined by looking at your settings.
- Open Settings, and then select Accounts.
- Select Access work or school, and make sure you see text that says something like, Connected to <your_organization> Azure AD.