|We’re making some changes to public OGOs (Open Graph Objects).
On December 1, 2021, all public Open Graph Objects (OGOs) will be associated with only the message it is attached to. These links, and the messages associated with them, are only visible to users who have access to the conversations the Open Graph Objects were a part of.
Previously, there was only one OGO in each Yammer Network per absolute URL. Now there will be multiple OGOs that exist because this new change will create one OGO per message the URL is attached to.
Note: If you have not developed custom integration with Yammer or use 3rd party software which includes specific API calls, you can safely ignore this message.
- Timing: December 1, 2021
- Control type: admin control
- Action: review and assess
How will this affect your organization?
On December 1, 2021, the following API calls will be affected by this change:
- GET api/v1/open_graph_objects?url=https://
- If you are using GET api/v1/open_graph_objects?url=https:// – then currently this returns one single OGO id. Once this change is released it will return a list of OGO ids as now each time a link or URL is added to a message it generates a new OGO id.
- GET /messages/open_group_objects/:id.json
- If you are using GET /messages/open_group_objects/:id.json – then after the change you can use any of the OGO ids associated with a URL and this API will return a feed of messages that the user has access to relating to that link.
- POST /message.json
- If you are using POST /message.json – and the og_url is a SharePoint URL, you will need to call this API using an AAD token. Instructions to obtain an AAD token can be found here. Additionally, if using a SharePoint URL do not pass a thumbnail image URL to og_image as Yammer fetches the thumbnail associated with the SharePoint URL.
What do you need to do to prepare?
If your organization is using any of the APIs listed above, ensure that you plan for this change so it does not break any custom experiences you have leveraging these Yammer APIs. Also, contact the developers of any 3rd party software that you use to make sure that they are prepared for the coming changes to these Yammer APIs.
View this message in the Microsoft 365 admin center